Name: Amethyst Caldwell
Nicknames: Tess / Thistle
Hometown: Castelia City - Unova
As a true city-girl would, Amethyst grew up in Castelia City where the skyscrapers are always built higher and the people always move forward. Being just one citizen in a city of
many people, Amethyst has made it her goal to make herself known.
As the skyscrapers, I will forever reach upwards.
Her family supports and heavily encourages this attitude, being accomplished trainers as well. Her mother runs a small, yet popular shop with quirky and novelty trainer-goods. Her father runs a small daycare-center at the outskirts of the city, which first got Amethyst interested in working with Pokémon. Even now, though she travels a lot, she can still be found working in the daycare-center whenever she's visiting her parents back home.
Personality & Traits
- Ambitious to the point where she can come across as cut-throat. It's often her mother who has to slow Amethyst down to make sure she enjoys the finer things in life, instead of rushing past them to meet her goals. This means she is successful in the things she applies herself to, but it also means that she falters due to time-constraints and spreading herself to thin.
- Loud and self-confident. This sometimes borders on over-confidence and often leads to funny situations where she can not, will not and shall not admit that she was wrong or that she could not handle it. She has strong opinions and is not afraid to voice them, though tact wouldn't be such a bad skill for her to have. She also often tries to be funny, but let's just say she'll never be cut out for stand-up comedy. At all.
- Very "to-the-point". If there is one thing Amethyst can't stand, it's people who don't say what they mean or mean what they say. She likes things straightforward, correct and with not too much fuss. And inherent to growing up in a city that never sleeps, she's always in motion. be it running around the house or traveling from city to city, she can never really seem to sit still. And even when she's reading a book, she has the habit of tapping her feet or fingers.
- As opposed as what you'd think, she's very chaotic when it comes to her backpack and room. Though she claims to have a system, the system basically consists of "Get stuff & get shoulder-bag > dump stuff in shoulder-bag and make sure the zipper closes". Her room is somewhat organised, but that is more due to the efforts of her mom than her own.
- Loves to travel
- Is afraid of empty streets at night, because even the slightest noise will freak her out.
- Is addicted to ice-cream, more specifically the Casteliacones
- She loves small trinkets and often spends her money on yet another little piece of jewellery, when in fact her jewellery-box is already filled to the brim.
- Always prepares for the worst, even though it's not needed. This means she carries around a comical amount of potions and full heals, just to make sure her Pokémon will be fine.
Looks & Physical Appearance
- Pale skin, makes her look a bit sickly when she hasn't slept enough
- Blue eyes with a hint of green in them
- Mid-length black hair that she pulls back into a single pony-tail
- Is often seen wearing a red bow in her hair, to keep her hair in place
- Wears a knee-length dress with a floral pattern and a red sash. The dress is trimmed with a red hem.
- Black ballerina-flats
- Simple black tank-top or a black t-shirt with a colourful print
- A grey-ish purple hoodie
- A big, poofy white scarf (for where it's colder)
- Blue shorts / jeans
- Black sneakers with purple details
- She keeps all her supplies in one big, black shoulder-bag, adorned with the same floral pattern as found on her dress.
In it, she stores too many potions (she always fears the worst), pokéballs, a book and a small notepad with a pen
She also has a small pouch that she attaches to the shoulder-bag to keep her berries and Poké-treats in.
None so far
Sky - ♀ Swellow
Amethyst got her first Pokémon, a tiny Tailow, at age 6. She dubbed the little bird Sky and she became Amethyst's most favored companion when causing mischief and mayhem around the house and in the city. She has quite the quirky personality and just like her owner, she has a penchant for small, shiny things.
- Caught with a regular Pokéball
- When let out of the pokéball, she usually shoots up towards the sky immediately
- Hasn't outgrown the mischief yet and often flies off with a berry or two that she's nicked from Amethyst's pouch
- Can be quickly distracted by shiny objects
Toki - ♂ Joltik
When staying for a night in Chargestone Cave during the hike-through, Amethyst was awoken when she felt something cuddle up next to her. Though she was startled at first to find a small Joltik lying next to her, she was endeared by the fuzzball. And it didn't take her long to decide to take the little Toki with her from then on.
- Caught with a Dusk Ball
- "Baby" of the group
- Is still a bit weary of Sky, since she loves to pick him up of off the ground a little
Amber - ♀ Rapidash
Stubborn, but loyal, Amber was given to Amethyst by her father to provide her with a means for travel. Amethyst's father received Amber as a Ponyta from a day-care client who said she couldn't be tamed and that he had given up trying. her father, who saw this as a challenge, tried to train Amber himself but to no avail. It wasn't until Amethyst tried her hand at gaining the Ponyta's trust through sweets and walks outside of the day-care that Amber warmed up towards her and other people.
She evolved by use of a fire stone.
- Caught with a Love Ball
- Doesn't always immediately do as told
- Has a strong loyalty to Amethyst but behaves friendly towards almost anyone
- Gets along best with Sky and often lets the Swellow perch on her back when Amethyst isn't riding
Narcissa - ♀ Misdreavus
One night when Amethyst was traveling across a seemingly deserted road, she heard rustling in the bushes. As she was too afraid to check it out herself, she sent Sky to investigate the noise. A yelp followed and a bit later Skye was found trying to drag the Misdreavus to Amethyst, to show her what caused the noise. Amethyst, who felt bad for the fact that Sky had dragged the pokémon to her and had inadvertently hurt it, decided to take the Misdreavus with her.
- Caught with a Heal Ball
- Loves sweet treats
- Bonded with Amethyst over the fact they both were scared of the dark, they now draw courage from one another.
- Naive but caring personality
Marty - ♂ Munchlax
Given to Amethyst by her mother, who figured she could learn a lot from the pokémon in terms of enjoying life and living it to the fullest. Marty is a complete goofball, but has had a bit of an influence on Amethyst in the sense that she doesn't always rush through things anymore. Sometimes you've got to enjoy the road you take instead of focusing only on the destination.
- Caught with a Love Ball
- Loves to nap whilst being carried by Amethyst
- Doesn't like it when Amethyst travels further early in the morning
Tammy - ♀ Mantine
The newest member of the group was caught when Amethyst decided to take a half-day off and go fishing for a bit. She didn't expect to meet a new companion, but as fortune would have it she encountered a feisty Mantine. Tammy didn't surrender easily, but has ever since been one of Amethyst's most loyal and courageous companions.
- Caught with a Net Ball
- Very courageous and brave
- Acts without thinking from time to time