As you've noticed already, a lot of people have taken up avatars stating (RED) and nothing more.
What is this all about?
The project was kick-started as a way to help eliminate AIDS.
Did you know that
- An HIV+ pregnant woman can give birth to an HIV free baby?
- 98% of mother-to-child HIV transmission incidents are preventable?
As taken from their site:
"So what will it take to virtually end the transmission of HIV from mothers to their babies by 2015?
We need to get 1.4 million HIV+ pregnant women on medication - medication that costs around 40 cents a day.
The beginning of the end of AIDS starts with you"
So what can I do?
- Click here to find out more about the project and join the quilt!
- Take a peek at the gallery Projects> Awareness>2011> (red) and contribute if you want to.
- Make your icon (RED)! You can use `Endorell-Taelos' avatar made by =nikkittie.
- Let people know you support the cause by using `Endorell-Taelos's stamp.
- Make your page or your journal (RED).
- And be sure to check *Topicality's journal Inspi(RED) to Spread the RED for the latest info and updates.
I too will change my avatar to support the cause and have already signed up.